Saturday 20 September 2014

Birthday Austenesque Loot!

As some of you may know, it was recently my birthday. Although getting older doesn't make me super happy, what does make me happy is the fact that I am always the grateful recipient of some lovely new stuff :)

Pride & Prejudice phone cover and Pride & Prejudice Kindle coverThis year I had some lovely Austen-y things. I had a Pride & Prejudice phone cover and a kindle cover
Inside of Pride & Prejudice kindle caseThe phone cover is from Etsy. The kindle cover was from Amazon. It's possible to get a kindle cover in the lovely peacock design but they don't do it for my kindle. You have to get the cover for the exact model of kindle you have as the kindle sits in a cradle which is the shape of the back of your kindle. I could have had a peacock design one where the kindle sticks to the back board but I didn't fancy sticking my precious kindle to anything! I wanted the cradle style instead. This was an early birthday present so I've been using it for a while and I'm happy with it so far, it's really pretty and as you can see from the photo showing the inner that it's just a tiny bit bigger than the kindle so it doesn't take up too much room in a bag, which is important as I carry it with me pretty much everywhere I go!

My old Austen coversThough I've read all of Austen's main novels I didn't actually own all of them hard copy. In fact, I only own Emma, which is temporarily in a box in the attic due to a lack of storage space, and Persuasion and Pride & Prejudice, which I bought about 20 years ago. You may not believe it to look at them, because I am a neat reader, but these books have been read many, many times.

So I'd been after a really nice set of Austens, and look at what I have now!

Book Covers - Clothbound Classics by Jane Austen
Soooo nice!

And a side view...

Book Spines - Clothbound Classics by Jane Austen
Bask in their beauty!
Book Cover clothbound classics Love and Freindship by Jane Austen
They are sooooo beautiful. These are from the clothbound classics range from Penguin. I have all 6 of the main novels, and also pre-ordered Love and Freindship and Other Youthful Writings from Austen's juvenilia which is being released later this month.

And I also had some lovely kindle vouchers so I can buy some more JAFF to fill up the already over-stuffed kindle. I'm very lucky and grateful to have received such lovely stuff :)

10 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the cloth bound books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Deborah, they are so lovely! I can't wait to read them.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Ceri! Hope it was great. I love the books. I have P&P and Emma in the clothbound classics. I think I might just need to complete my collection!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelli. You should definitely get the whole set if you can, they are beautiful singularly, but en masse the effect is even better!

      Delete
  3. "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's birthday prezzies," but I so want them all, will forward this post to the hubby ready for Christmas! lol Happy Birthday Ceri love your birthday gifts thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I coveted all your birthday presents too Tamara! I will borrow your idea and highlight your birthday post to my family in time for Christmas :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely!! The kindle cover is very beautiful!!
    Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen! I'm really pleased with the cover, it's lovely.

      Delete
  5. So beautiful!! All of your gifts are beautiful, but those books are gorgeous! Happy Birthday, Ceri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lovely, you just want to stroke them! I could have bought a load of electronic books with the cost of them, but I thought as my favourite author Austen's works deserve to be appreciated in a beautiful format.

      Delete

If you're not logged in to Google please leave your name in your comment or it will post as anonymous. Thanks! - Ceri