Tuesday 7 January 2014

January's Reading List

So this year I have the target of reading 100 books (like that's going to happen). To achieve this I'd have to read an average of 8 or 9 books a month.  I have a list of books I'd like to read during the year, so I thought each month I'd try and choose a few of these, and the rest of my monthly reads can be whatever I feel like reading at the time.  This is the plan anyway, who knows how well it'll work out!

January's list goes like this:




A Subsequent Proposal by Joana Starnes - the lovely Jakki Leatherberry offered me this book to review for Leatherbound Reviews. I've read this already this month, first book of the year!










Emma & Knightley by Rachel Billington - this is an 'Emma' sequel, as you can guess from the title.  I picked this up at the library so must get a move on with it.







The Red Chrysanthemum by Linda Beutler.  This is a Pride and Prejudice variation.  I have this one signed hard copy as I was lucky enough to win it. I love my kindle, but a signed book is so special.


Torn by Monica Murphy. This is a contemporary romance.  It's the second book in a set of three about a million dollar bet on who will fall in love last.  I read the first book, Crave, a while ago, and it was pretty good.

The last of my planned books for the month is Find Wonder in All Things by Karen Cox which I've had on my kindle for nearly a year! This is modern adaptation of 'Persuasion'. I've only read a few of those so I'm interested to read this.  I read 1932 by this author last year and I really enjoyed it, so I have high hopes of enjoying this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're not logged in to Google please leave your name in your comment or it will post as anonymous. Thanks! - Ceri